As you probably recognized already, my blog received some attention which resulted in an upgraded look.
It is not a complete “revamp” of the design, I still stick to my header image and the colors, but in total the design changed to the better…I hope…
What has been changed?
1. The whole page has now a higher width than before. The old design, or RuelickeNet v1 as I call it, used to be about 800px width and this one now uses a width of about 960 px.
2. With the increased amount of space, I re-designed the sidebar and de-cluttered it.
3. The display of the articles changed and the page list view now shows only 5 articles at a time.
4. The font size and line height were increased for a better reading experience.
5. The style for any link on my blog changed.
6. Influenced by Michael’s subscription promotion part of the Pro Blog Design design, I also optimized my subscription part to be more eye catching.
7. Although you can’t see it, I’m now using the latest Google Analytics code
What is new?
1. My blog now features an Entrecard.
2. You can see my latest tweet in the sidebar.
3. Added a background image to the main part of the blog.
What is planned?
Right now I still have a few minor things to add to the design and most likely to fix (like the page view of attachments). I intend to have a pagination additional to the “previous entry” and “latest entry”.
I still have to add my valid XHTML/CSS badges and there are a few more minor things to do.
Just keep the eyes open and maybe you see the tiny updates.
What do you think about the new Ruelicke.net Design? Or do you prefer the old one?