Well, let’s start at the beginning:
A couple of weeks ago I finally got time again to take care of my blog. I wrote a few articles and wondered how long I’ll stay active here again.
I believe by now I’m known among my blogging friends as someone who is active like hell and then suddenly vanishes for quite some time.
I thought about the reasons which made me „vanish“ and that’s what made me find my very own tagline:
…when coding passion, gaming addiction, Internet surfing syndrome and the real life collide…“
As I read that tagline a few times I figured that I can’t stick to my theme as it won’t fit anymore. Also, I’ll have to change a some things to make my blog work with the tagline.
So here it is, my new design:
A white-blueish theme (yes, I wasn’t able to say goodbye to my blue) which is looking very clean and which is easy to read. Actually, way easier to read than the previous theme(s).
What changed? What stayed?
- The basic frame of my old design stay: a two column layout, with the content on the left and the sidebar on the right.
- I added a short menu at the top and tried to use the page foot a bit more.
- I got rid of the categories and use the Tags instead (why they are better)
- The trackbacks are no longer shown (except under „Recent Comments“). Maybe I add them later again. (HowTo: separate trackbacks and comments)
- My Advertisement section got reviewed and I’m now testing Matt’s WP125 Ad plugin
- Some plugins are gone or will go pretty soon, speeding up the loading time a bit.
- One or two plugins where added or re-implemented. (e.g. NicEdit)
Although the list is pretty long (or short), there are some things I don’t mention because they are still in the works. One of the things is my „play with me“ sidebar. I’m working on making it remember which „box“ you left open or which you closed, so it will show you said boxes the way you left them. Also, I plan to allow you to arrange the boxes the way you want (and make it remember it).
There are also a few bugs and some of my categories (no longer shown), tags and pages need to be updated.
Last but not least I’ll have to get a better header image. Right now it is the worst looking part of my new design, but I just have nothing better right now. I hope to get a better one, but maybe I’ll have to find a blog contest solution although I can’t offer much 🙁
that’s all for now, I hope you like the new look
Image by belljar